The girl I didn't forget

 


Yesterday, my friend and I decided to meet at Sayaji Dwar for some yummy snacks. For those who don’t know, Sayaji Dwar ( in Dewas) is like a local food joint where various stalls of street food serve their customers.

While I was waiting for him, I saw another girl standing nearby. Before you let your imaginations run wild, let me tell you that she was selling balloons there. “She must not be more than 10 years old” I thought. She was wearing a maroon hoodie jacket which was adequate to battle cold that day. She wore a salwar which didn’t quite reach her ankles- much like jogger jeans.

“One, two, three…Eleven” I counted her balloons. A bunch of 10 balloons in her left hand while one in her right hand. Each balloon was attached to a straw-like hollow, plastic stick. The stick of the balloon in her right had got detached. She immediately vexed to fix it. But since she was holding a bunch of balloons in her left hand, she was having some difficulty. She fixed it and continued to stand again.

While I was standing there, she glanced at me standing there, twice and she probably noticed me observing her. “Why is he looking at me” She must have thought. Her glance didn’t turn into observation like mine though! Maybe it's normal for her to see someone waiting there maybe not.

“What could she be thinking?” I thought. “Would she also be disappointed if she couldn’t sell any balloon today? Does she also get desperate if she doesn’t find a customer for a while? Aren’t her parents concerned about her safety? Maybe they thought that it's crowded here and hence safety is not a problem. Or maybe they may be somewhere nearby, selling toys or something.” I looked around to identify, but couldn’t find my suspect!

And then I thought "Can she become the Prime Minister (PM) of India someday like Modiji is?" Well, ideally why not? We are a democracy after all and all the kids have an equal probability of becoming PM someday. But do they?

If she succeeds in becoming PM then someday she would also tell the world that “while I was young, I used to sell balloons in Dewas!” and I would say- “yes, yes, I saw her back then”. But probably I will not remember or recognize her. After all, in all these years, I have passed by so many kids like her, how many do I, remember? Barely any. But now that I have written about her in a blog article here, maybe I will!

And then my friend arrived. We discussed and almost debated on what should we eat out of many options, proceeded to the stall, enjoyed and left. But that little girl somehow didn’t leave my mind…

- Pratik Badgujar


(I have tried to write this article in a little different style than my usual. Please comment below if you liked it or got disappointed. I will be waiting eagerly for your comment.)

Suggested Read: My Favourite Motivational Quotes


Comments

  1. Must read blog.
    It guves a vision to look upto other thing which is happening around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your support.

      Please share our blog with your friends and family...

      Delete
  2. “You always have good humor in your blogs. So much fun and easy to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your kind words.

      Kindly share with your friends and family and support our effort.

      Thanks !

      Delete
  3. "You always find something good bhai. Its nice ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice. You always write good bhai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.


      Kindly share with your friends and family !

      Delete
  6. Short but very detailed story. Very nice๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.

      Kindly share with your friends and family.

      Delete

  7. Two to three things are coming out of it,
    1.Lone bread winner
    2.May be without parents
    3.Struggler with perceverance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

      I wanted to highlight that there are always many things happening around us which we didn't even notice.

      Please share with your friends and family.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.

      Kindly share with your friends and family.

      Delete
  9. Very sincere concept and nicely scripted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment.

      Kindly share with your friends and family and support us.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank You so much for your appreciation.


      Please share with your friends and family.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ma'am !

      Please share with your friends and family.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. We request you to help us by spreading 'word of mouth' amongst your students, friends, and family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

เคฎเคจुเคท्‍เคฏ เค”เคฐ เค‰เคชเคญोเค—

A Psychological aspect of NEWS